These baked Gingerbread Donuts are a perfect allergy friendly addition to your festive treats.
- 1/3 Cup plus 1 Tablespoon Arrowroot
- 3 1/2 Tablespoons Coconut Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda Bicarb Soda
- Dash of Salt
- 1 teaspoon ground Ginger
- Dash of Cloves
- Dash of Cinnamon
- 1/4 Cup Milk of choice
- 2 Tablespoons Maple Syrup or Golden Syrup Rice Malt Syrup can be substituted
- 2 Tablespoons Oil
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Egg or for vegan option substitute 1/4 Cup mashed Banana or Apple Sauce
- 1/4 Cup of granulated Sugar Coconut, Maple, Raw etc
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground Ginger add according to desired taste
Preheat the oven to 180C/360F. Grease a donut tin.
Mix the dry ingredients together in a mixing bowl. Add the wet ingredients and stir to combine.
Pour the mixture evenly into 7 donuts. A mini muffin tin or cake pop tin can be used instead but the cooking times will vary.
Bake for 15 minutes. Whilst the donuts are baking, mix the sugar and Ginger in a shallow bowl.
Once the donuts are cooked, immediately remove them from the tin and roll them in the ginger sugar. Serve the donuts warm or cold.
Store the donuts in an airtight container for up to 3 days.