Carrot Spice Bread
This Easter themed Bread is made from lots of carrots and tastes great served at your Easter brunch.
Prep Time30 mins
Cook Time55 mins
Total Time1 hr 25 mins
- 3 Eggs
- 1/4 Cup Maple Syrup/Rice Malt Syrup
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 270 grams purred Carrots-
- measure after cooked
- steam or boil the carrots til soft then puree once cooled
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Flour
- 2/3 Cup Almond Meal other nut or seed meals can be substituted
- 1/3 Cup Arrowroot or Tapioca Flour
- 3 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Bicarb Soda
- 1 teaspoon ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground Ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground Nutmeg
- dash of Salt
- 2 Tablespoons Milk Coconut, Almond etc
- 1/2 Cup Sultanas
Preheat the oven to 175C/350F. Grease and line a 20 cm (8 inch) x 10 cm (4 inch) loaf tin.
Place the eggs into the bowl of a kitchen stand mixer and beat on medium until fluffy (approximately 5 minutes).
Add the maple syrup and continue to beat on medium. Add the vanilla extract.
Add the pureed carrots to the blender and pulse (alternatively do this with a masher or fork).
In a separate bowl sift the dry ingredients together.
Fold the dry ingredients into the mixing bowl, being careful not to over mix.
Add the milk and stir through gently. Add the sultanas and gently fold thru the mixture.
Pour the mixture into the prepared tin.
Bake for 55 minutes, or until cooked through. Check the loaf at 40 minutes. If it is starting to brown too much in top cover the loaf with foil and continue and bake.
Allow to cool in the tin before slicing. Tastes great when served with Jam.