Paleo Pumpkin Cupcakes
These Paleo Pumpkin Cupcakes have 3 times the pumpkin flavour; fresh pumpkin, pumpkin seeds and pumpkin spice mix!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time25 mins
Total Time35 mins
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Maple Syrup
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup mashed/puréed Pumpkin to cook Pumpkin; place whole and unpeeled in a moderate oven for 60 minutes or until soft in the middle. When cooled; cut in half length ways and scoop out the cooked pumpkin
- 1/2 Cup minus 1 Tablespoon Coconut Flour
- 1/3 Cup Pumpkin Seed Meal this can be purchased or make your own from pumpkin seeds
- 4 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 Cup Milk of choice
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 2/3 teaspoon Ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon Nutmeg
- Dash Allspice
- Dash Cloves
Pre heat the oven to 175C/350F.
Place the egg whites into a bowl of a kitchen stand mixed with a whisk attachment.
Whisk the egg whites on medium/high until soft peaks form.
Slowly add the maple syrup and vanilla extract.
Add the egg yolks and whisk on medium until combined.
Add the pumpkin and milk.
In a separate bowl sift the dry ingredients.
With the mixer on medium/low add the dry mixture. Whisk until everything is just combined do not over mix).
Place 8 cupcake liners in a tray and lightly grease.
Evenly pour the mixture into the liners and smooth the top of the cupcakes.
Bake for 22-25 minutes, or until cooked through.
Remove from the oven.
After 5 minutes remove from cakes from the tray and allow to cool.
Frost with Whipped Coconut Cream when completely cool.