Chocolate Energy Balls
This Energy Balls (or bliss balls) are a perfect pick me up snack. The nuts can be substituted for seeds if you have a nut free policy at your school or work.
- 1 1/3 cups Dates
- 1 cup Nuts Walnuts, Pecans, Macadamias
- 1/4 cup Cocoa
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Optional: 1/2 - 1 Tablespoon Maple Syrup i find they are sweet enough without it
- Optional; Chia Seeds Sunflower seeds etc
- Optional; Cocoa or Desiccated Coconut for dusting
Place the dates, nuts, cocoa, maple syrup and vanilla extract (with seeds if using) into a food processed and blend until a smooth paste forms. Add a teaspoon or 2 of water if the dates are having trouble blending.
If your food processor is more Urkell than Schwarzenegger (or you have a hand held mixer) soak the dates in boiling water to soften them first, then discard the water before blending.
Once the mixture is well combined, roll into balls, approximately 1/2-1 Tablespoon per ball.
The mixture will make 20-24 balls.
If using, roll the balls in Cocoa or Desiccated Coconut.
Store in the fridge.