Christmas Spice Cookie
These Christmas Spice Cookies are full of festive flavours and can be made into your favourite Christmas shapes.
Prep Time2 hrs
Cook Time12 mins
Servings: 15 Cookies
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Oil
- 1/4 Cup Golden Syrup/ Mollasses/Maple Syrup/Rice Malt Syrup use which ever you prefer
- 1/4 Cup Honey/Rice Malt Syrup/Maple Syrup use which ever you prefer
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Flour
- 3/4 Cup Arrowroot
- 1/4 Cup Almond Meal switch to Rice Flour for Nut Free
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Zest
- 1 teaspoon Orange Zest
- Dash Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon of each Ginger, Cloves, Nutmeg and Cinnamon
- Omit the zests and spices and swap for 1 1/2 teaspoons of Ginger for Gingerbread Cookies.
Using a small saucepan, melt the coconut oil and both of the liquid sweeteners together in a saucepan until melted and combined (do not boil or simmer). Using the 2 different sweeteners give the cookies a more complex flavour.
Once melted, remove from the heat and add the egg and beat in gently. The oil mixture should not be hot enough to cook the egg.
Add the vanilla to the wet ingredients.
Add the remaining ingredients to a blender/mixer
Pour in the wet ingredients and process/mix until well combined. Scrape down the edges of the bowl/blender and beat/mix again.
Remove the dough and wrap inn plastic wrap and place in the fridge for a minimum of 2 hours. The dough can be double wrapped and frozen here or kept in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Preheat the oven to 180C/360. Line and grease a baking tray.
Remove the dough from the fridge and roll between 2 pieces of greased baking paper. Grab your favourite shapped cookies cutter and cut out until all the dough is used Be sure to re roll left over dough and try not to eat too much raw.
Place the cookies on the tray and bake for 9-12 minutes, depending on the size.
Allow the cookies to cool on the tray before eating.