Strawberry and Rhubarb Crumble
A bright and bold winter crumble that will warm you up from the inside.
- 200 grams Rhubarb stalks cut into 2 cm pieces
- 1/4 Cup Orange Juice
- Zest of 1 small Lemon
- 500 grams of Strawberries fresh or frozen
- 1/3 Cup plus 1 Tablespoon Coconut Flour
- 1/2 Cup Almond Meal
- 1/3 Cup Arrowroot
- 1/4 teaspoon Bicarbonate Soda Baking Soda
- 2 Tablespoons Maple Syrup Rice Malt Syrup or Honey can be substituted
- 2 Tablespoon Coconut Oil
- 2 Eggs
- 3/4 Cup Desiccated Coconut
Place the rhubarb, orange juice, lemon and berries in a large saucepan and bring to the boil over a medium heat.
Simmer over medium heat until the rhubarb has softened (approximately 8-10 minutes).
Pour the stewed fruit mixture (including any liquid) into a large casserole dish.
Preheat the oven to 180C/360F.
Place all the ingredients, except the desiccated coconut, into a blender and process/blend until well combined. Add the desiccated coconut and pulse in.
Take the crumble mixture and evenly spread over the fruit. Place the crumble in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until evenly brown on top.
Serve warm with whipped coconut cream or custard.