Guilt-less Desserts & Treats for your Family
Each night I go into the boys room before I go to bed and check on them. You know, good Mum stuff like make sure they have a blanket over them, that they have their favourite toy with them, that they are still wearing pants. This week though the boys have added an extra task to my nightly routine. Each night this week I have found them sleeping on the floor; or camping as they call it. They take the doona off the bed, set up pillows on the floor and make themselves comfortable.
Before you ask, yes they do have a bed: two in fact, but most nights they choose to sleep together, often cuddling. It’s really super cute.
Anyway… each night for the last week I have found them in their make shift tents and each night I face the same conundrum; do I move them onto their comfortable beds or leave them on the floor? The first night I moved them into their beds, but as the week dragged on I decided it wasn’t going to hurt them so I wasn’t going to hurt myself moving them! Now I’m left with an unused bunk bed and 2 good quality mattress. Does anyone want to buy them?!
More of my Aussie Thanksgiving! This Cranberry and Orange Bread is my festive version of a classic Banana Bread. You can barely taste the banana beneath the Orange zest and tasty Cranberries. I love eating breads for breakfast or they can make a healthy afternoon tea treat.
Since making the Pumpkin Cream Pie and this Cranberry and Orange Bread I have decided to celebrate traditions from all over the world…well at least their desserts!! If you like this Bread there are 3 new bread recipes (as well as over 50 other drool worthy Christmas desserts) in my new e-Book ‘Mummy Made.It A Healthy Christmas’ available to purchase right now!
Cranberry and Orange Bread
- 3 Eggs
- 1/4 Cup Maple Syrup/Honey
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 270 grams Mashed Banana approximately 3 medium but measure to be sure
- 1/3 Cup Orange Juice
- Zest of 2-3 Oranges
- 3 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Bicarb Soda
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Flour
- 1/4 Cup Arrowroot
- 3/4 Cup Almond Meal
- Dash of Salt
- 3/4 to 1 Cup Cranberries I used dried
- 1/3 Cup chopped Pecans or Walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 175C/350F.
- Line and grease a loaf tin.
- Place the eggs in the bowl of a kitchen stand mixer and beat for 5 minutes, or until fluffy.
- Add the maple syrup and vanilla extract and beat on high until smooth.
- Place the banana in a blender and puree until smooth. Add to the mixture, beating on high.
- Add the juice and zest and stir until combined.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the dry ingredients.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the mixture on low speed.
- Fold the cranberries and nuts through the mixture.
- Pour into the loaf tin and bake for 55 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Allow the loaf to cool in the tin before serving.