Guilt-less Desserts & Treats for your Family
I came across this recipe on Facebook today. It sounded delicious but when I saw the amount of sugar in it I slipped into a temporary diabetic coma. As I have a compulsive baking addiction (i.e. I have to make a recipe as soon as it comes into my head for the fear of losing the idea) I whipped up this healthified Chocolate Macadamia Spread immediately.
Macadamias blend up super creamy and soft. They are much easier to blend than almonds and hazelnuts as they are a softer nut and don’t require roasting before blending. The resulting Chocolate Macadamia Spread is awesome. It’s not overly sweet and has a rich chocolate flavour.
This Chocolate Macadamia Spread is perfect to spread on your Banana Bread or just to eat with a spoon! Look out for Cookies, Cakes and Frosting using this Chocolate Macadamia Spread. I even have a special donut recipe; but it’s only for people signed up to the Mummy Made.It newsletter. Be sure to sign up if you haven’t already and download your FREE muffin E-Book. To subscribe just look to the right at the top of the page for the sign up box….yep that’s it!
Chocolate Macadamia Spread
- 2 Cups raw Macadamia Nuts
- 1/3 Cup Cocoa
- 3 Tablespoons Maple Syrup
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- This makes a smoother spread
- 1/2 Cup Milk of choice - do not add if making cookies or donuts
- Place the macadamias in a blender and process until a smooth paste (this won't take too long as macadamias are a soft nut).
- Add the remaining ingredients and blend until smooth and well combined.
- To make a spread (think Nutella consistancy) rather than a Nut butter add the milk and process until combined.
- Store in an air tight container.