Guilt-less Desserts & Treats for your Family
Whilst it was never my intent to weird people out with my creations it has become a laughable side effect in my quest to create healthier dessert options. I love the look I get when people discover that they’ve just eaten cauliflower, sweet potato or zucchini. It’s a look of confusion, followed by self loathing as they actually liked it and ate every single bite! The confusion look can be followed by the evil glare that says “How dare you make me like vegetables!”.
This Chocolate Sweet Potato Frosting is pretty awesome. It tastes like a thick, naughty frosting but it contains only healthy ingredients. Next time I make this (which can be anytime as I always have a stand by container of Sweet Potato Puree in the fridge) I will add more cream/milk and create a more mousse like texture. No this will not be for a cake; it will be my breakfast! If you are unsure how to make your own Sweet Potato Puree click here for instructions.
Use this Chocolate Sweet Potato Frosting on Paleo Chocolate Cupcakes or on a Chocolate Cauliflower Mudcake. That will really weird people out; 2 vegetables in one dessert. I think that falls into the Dinnert category (Dinnert is dinner and dessert in one; think brunch but in the evening).
Chocolate Sweet Potato Frosting
- 1/2 Cup pureed Sweet Potato see notes
- 2 Tablespoons Maple Syrup
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Cup Cocoa
- 1/2 Cup Almond Butter other nut butters could be substituted
- 1-3 Tablespoons Coconut Cream or Milk
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and mix until combined and smooth.
- Alterntively this can be done by hand with some giant muscles.
- Add the Cream/Milk until the right consistancy is reached.
- The consistancy required will depend on what you are frosting; not too runny for piping onto cupcakes and a bit smoother for a large cake.