Guilt-less Desserts & Treats for your Family
There comes a time in every child’s life when friends become more popular than parents.
I’m not talking about the time when your child becomes embarrassed to be seen with you (I’m hoping I’ve still got a few more good years left before my bogan outfits become a social no go!). I’m talking about when they choose to play with other kids rather than you.
When they no longer choose you.
Sure, they still come to you when they’re hungry, bleeding or want to watch Peppa Pig, but you are no longer the play mate of choice. Their words, their clothing choices, the pretend people they talk to are all influenced by other people. Maybe even people who don’t wear tracksuit pants or watch reality TV.
It means my babies are growing up and no longer need their Mummy.
Many, many tears.
So what’s a Mummy without a playmate to do?
Run lots to burn off cookies.
These Lemon Butter Cookies use the vegan ‘Lemon Butter’ from the other day. They have only a few ingredients and are so simple to make. They are a soft and chewy cookie that are full of lemon and coconut flavour. They are also Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Refined Sugar Free and Paleo friendly. So, they are pretty much baked little lemon gems!
Lemon Butter Cookies2014-07-09 04:38:25Serves 9Prep Time15 minCook Time10 minTotal Time25 minPrep Time15 minCook Time10 minTotal Time25 minLemon Butter Cookies
- 1 Cup 'Lemon Butter' (at room temperature)
- 1 Egg (small or medium size)
- 1 teaspoon Bicarb Soda
- 2 teaspoons Maple Syrup or Honey
- Optional; extra Lemon zest if desired.Lemon Butter
- 1 Cup Cashews
- 1 1/2 Cups Desiccated Coconut
- 1/2 Cup + 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 Tablespoon + 2 teaspoon Lemon Zest
- 2 teaspoons Maple Syrup
- Optional: dash of Vanilla ExtractLemon Butter Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 175C/350F.
- Grease and line 2 baking trays.
- Place all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir until fully combined.
- If your biceps are a little on the small side, use a blender to combine the ingredients instead.
- Place spoonfuls of the cookie dough on the baking tray and flatten slightly.
- Allow adequate space around the cookies in case of spreading.
- Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes (10 for soft cookies, longer for crispier but be careful not to burn them).
- If using 2 trays cook them separately, otherwise the cookies on the lower shelf will not cook properly.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the tray before eating.Lemon Butter
- Place all ingredients into a high powered blender and process until a smooth paste forms.
- Place the lemon butter in a seal-able container/jar.
- The Lemon Butter will need to be at room temperature when using as a spread or in a cookie/doughnut recipe.Mummy Made.It - Gluten Free, Paleo Desserts https://mummymade.it/