Guilt-less Desserts & Treats for your Family
Today is the first day of Winter here in Australia and, fittingly, I woke up to a rainy, cold miserable day. It’s been the type of day when the sun never rises; it tiptoes behind the clouds all day, peaking out only once or twice to remind me what I’ll be missing these next few weeks.
The beginning of winter also heralds the start of hot desserts and chunky, belly warming stews so it’s not all bad. It’s definitely not the weather for ice cream, slushies or fruit salad.
But what if you are craving a fruit salad fix? You want the potassium goodness of banana and you love the taste of berries… but it’s just sooooo cold.
Here is your answer; Fruit Salad Muffins. Banana, Mandarin, Strawberries and Raspberries all packaged together in a tasty, healthy muffin.
Feel free to change the berries depending on what’s in season, just be careful not to over mix the finished mixture as it will cause the muffins to become mushy.
Fruit Salad Muffins2014-06-02 02:34:20Serves 8Prep Time10 minCook Time30 minTotal Time40 minPrep Time10 minCook Time30 minTotal Time40 minIngredients
- 2 Tablespoons Maple Syrup
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Milk(of choice)
- 2 Tablespoons Mandarin or Orange Juice
- 1/3 Cup mashed ripe Banana
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Almond Meal
- 4 Tablespoons Coconut Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Baking Powder
- 8 small-medium sized Strawberries- diced
- 1/3 cup Raspberries (fresh or frozen)- other berries can be used insteadInstructions
- Preheat the oven to 175C/350F
- Line a muffin tray with 8 muffin cases and lightly grease each one.
- Put all the wet ingredients into a small bowl and whisk together lightly by hand.
- In another bowl, put all the dry ingredients and whisk together lightly by hand.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients bowl and stir until combined.
- Do not over mix as the muffins will turn out tough.
- Add the Raspberries and Strawberries and fold through the mixture.
- Divide the mixture evenly into the muffin cases.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until cooked through.
- The tops will go light brown and a little crunchy when done.
- Allow the muffins to cool in the tin before removing.
- Store in an airtight container.Notes
- Avid follower and healthy food lover Kat suggested Passionfruit, Mango chunks and Pineapple pieces as possible fruit add ins! Sounds Yum!Mummy Made.It - Gluten Free, Paleo Desserts https://mummymade.it/