Guilt-less Desserts & Treats for your Family
I went to a catholic primary school and Easter was a time of celebration… and not for the religious reasons the Nuns were trying to teach us. The start of lent is marked by Pancake Tuesday, also known as Shrove Tuesday. It was the day that we got to make and eat pancakes at school, but I’m pretty sure they were never healthy pancakes like these ones. Pancake Tuesday meant the start of Easter chocolates, hot cross buns, Easter hat parades and marshmallow bunnies. Such a yummy season!
These Chocolate Pancakes are the most simple thing ever. EVER!
They are a great way to use up rotten Bananas…the gooier and browner the better.
I eat these for breakfast after a solid gym workout. They contain egg and almond meal for protein, the banana contains potassium for muscle recovery and the cocoa makes me forget the pain from too many squats.
Happy (Healthy) Pancake Tuesday!
Chocolate Pancakes (oh so simple!)
- 1 ripe Banana
- 1 Egg small or medium sized
- 1 Tablespoon Cocoa
For a thicker pancake
- 1 Tablespoon Almond meal or Hazelnut meal
- Zest of 1/2 an Orange
- Dash of Cardamon
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon of Peppermint Extract
- 1/4 Cup of Raspberries
- Put all the ingredients (not the raspberries if making the Choc-raspberry version) in a blender and blend until super smooth.
- Heat a fry pan over medium heat.
- Grease the pan and rings (if using).
- I use crumpet/pancake rings to make sure I have nice rounded pancakes but they are not necessary.
- Measure 1/4 of the mixture and add to the pan (or into greased ring).
- Cook until bubbles appear on the surface of the pancake.
- If making Chop-Raspberries add the raspberries before flipping.
- Flip the pancake until the bottom side is cooked.
- This recipe makes 3 pancakes.
- Serve immediately.
- These simple pancakes taste great with Maple Syrup, Whipped Coconut Cream or Jam.