Guilt-less Desserts & Treats for your Family
I promise… I’ll check into Cookie Dough Rehab tomorrow.
I feel a Chocolate Cookie Dough Pie hangover coming on.
Chocolate Cookie Dough PieWarm Cookie Dough.....oh yeah!Servings: 16
- 1/4 cup Almond Meal
- 1/2 cup Coconut Flour available from health food and specialty stores
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened Cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 cup Coconut Oil softened
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup you could substitute honey etc
- 1 Egg
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
Cookie Dough Filling
- 1/2 cup Dates
- 1/4 cup Boiling Water
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup
- 3/4 cup Chickpeas; canned drained and patted dry
- 3 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup minus 1 Tablespoon Almond meal
- 1/4 cup minus 1 Tablespoon Arrowroot
- 4 Tablespoons Cocoa
- 2 Eggs
- Preheat the oven to 160C/325F.
- Grease a 20cm/8inch Pie tin.
- Place the pie crust dry ingredients into a blender and combine.
- Add the wet ingredients and blend until combined and a dough ball forms.
- Place the dough in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- While the dough is chilling make the cookie dough filling.
- Place the dates in a bowl and cover with the boiling water and allow to soften for at least 20 minutes.
- Place the dates and maple syrup in a blender and mix until a purée forms.
- Add the chickpeas and vanilla extract and purée until well combined and the chickpeas have broken down.
- In a separate bowl sift the dry ingredients together.
- Place the eggs in the bowl of a kitchen stand mixer and beat until frothy.
- Add the puréed mixture and beat until combined.
- Add in the sifted dry ingredients and beat until just combined.
- Remove the pie crust dough from the fridge and press into the prepared tin, making sure the dough is pressed up the sides of the tin.
- Pour the cookie dough filling into the crust and bake on the middle shelf of the oven for 27-30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve warm with Whipped Coconut Cream.