Guilt-less Desserts & Treats for your Family
I love Pie.
Actually I love Tarts but that seems a little bit inappropriate to say.
I love eating the crispy edges and having the gooey filling oozing out.
Yep, now I’m hungry!
This Pie Crust /Tart Recipe is very simple it works! There’s no need to go searching each time you need a sweet pastry crust; just use this one. I do..and it tastes great.
- 1/4 cup Almond Meal
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons Coconut Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 cup Coconut Oil softened
- 1/4 cup Honey or Maple Syrup
- 1 Egg
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Pre-heat the oven to 175C/350F.
- Grease and line the bottom of a 20cm/8 inch spring form tin (or a pie dish of the same size) (see Notes on size)
- Combine the dry ingredients in a kitchen blender and process on low until combined.
- Add the wet ingredients and blend until the dough comes together.
- Wrap the dough in plastic and place in the fridge for 20 minutes. This makes the dough easier to handle.
- Press the dough into the tin, pressing the dough up the edges of the tin to create a wall.
- Pierce the bottom of the pastry 7-8 times.
- Place in the oven for 7 minutes if only par baking (i.e. the pie will be baked again with filling) or 15 minutes if fully baked (i.e. a cold filling will be added and no more baking is required).
- Remove from the oven and allow the pie crust to cool.
This recipe can be easily divided for mini tins or doubled if a higher crust is required. Adapted from Against All Grain