Guilt-less Desserts & Treats for your Family
Things that seem so wrong together but somehow just work.
• Cheese Doritos, Peanut butter and Milo (don’t judge me til you’ve tried it!)
• Fun and Run in the same sentence.
• Bacon and Chocolate
• Michael Jackson and Lisa Marie Presley (OK, maybe a bad example)
• Musical episodes and Buffy
• Chilli and Chocolate
• Doogie Howser and adult comedy (legend…wait for it….non-dairy!)
• Chocolate, Chickpeas and Carrots
Yep, that’s what I said. CHOCOLATE, CHICKPEAS and CARROTS.
No, I’m not going crazy. No, I haven’t joined some odd cult that only makes you eat Oscar the Grouch’s left-overs. I’m serious; and soon you’ll want to find a cult that eats only this dip. It’s that good!
This Chocolate Cookie Dough Dip can be used as a frosting on cupcakes, as a mousse in a cake or trifle or as a dip with carrots, celery, biscuits, bread or even wraps. Personally I prefer my fingers; that means I have 10 perfectly good (clean) swipes at the dip before I have to grab the bunny sticks.
There is no egg in this recipe so it is safe to eat and the normal raising agents aren’t required as it is not being baked.Quick, simple and your friends will have NO idea they’re eating chickpeas, no processed sugar or gluten. Why, it’s practically a health food! Share it around or, (as I may have done) hide it and hoard it for yourself!
Chocolate Cookie Dough Dip (or Mousse or Frosting)2014-04-03 02:44:11So, so wrong....but just so tasty!!Prep Time40 minTotal Time40 minPrep Time40 minTotal Time40 minIngredients
- 1/2 cup Dates
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- Dash of Bicarb Soda
- 1/2 cup Chickpeas; canned, drained and then measured
- 2 Tablespoons Maple Syrup
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 2/3 cup Almond Meal
- 1/3 cup Arrowroot Flour
- 3 Tablespoons Cocoa
- dash Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Milk (of choice)Instructions
- Place the dates in a small bowl and cover with the boiling water and the bicarb.
- Allow to sit for at least 30 minutes.
- Place the dates in a blender and purée.
- Add the chickpeas, maple syrup and vanilla extract and blend until a smooth paste is formed.
- Add the dry ingredients to the blender and mix until combined.
- Lastly, add the milk and blend (if you want a runnier dip add milk an extra teaspoon at a time until the right consistency is reached).
- A delicious cookie dough dip will form.
- The dip can be eaten right away, or stored in the fridge. The dip will firm slightly in the fridge.
- Eat with a spoon or a carrot, spread on celery, use as frosting for cakes or as a mousse.
- Just EAT IT!Mummy Made.It - Gluten Free, Paleo Desserts https://mummymade.it/