Guilt-less Desserts & Treats for your Family
But then I thought about this in practical terms. In order to maintain your current weight (and let’s say that there has been no recent changes in weight) then food input and exercise would have to remain the same. If we assume that exercise is continuing then it will have to be through diet that weight remains unchanged.
Simple? Yes, but in order to fit in all the Christmas goodies you’ll have to forego morning cereal and lunchtime sandwiches. Forgot about stirfrys and pasta bakes for dinner; it’s turkey and puddings all the way!
Breakfast; mince pies with a side of brandy cream (some fruit there!)
Morning tea; the front door of the gingerbread house
Lunch; Chocolate Cherry cake with cherry cream… and some bacon on the side! (as the day of the week ends with Y then it must be a bacon day!)
Afternoon tea; 1,maybe 2, White Christmas Crackles; they are only mini ones after all!
Dinner; Roast Turkey with a side of Chocolate Christmas Pudding.
I don’t think this is what the gym meant when they put their message on the wall, however it might be the only way to ensure all that Christmas goodness doesn’t go to waste!
This recipe has been a surprising hit. Each White Christmas recipe I found was slightly different, so adapting one to a healthier version allowed a lot of scope. This one is adapted from Kellogs.
White Christmas Crackles
- 1/3 cup Coconut Oil
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup
- 1/2 cup dried Mixed Fruit
- 1/2 cup desiccated Coconut
- 1 Sachet equivalent to 50grams or 1/2 cup of Coconut Milk Powder
- 1 1/2 cups Rice Bubbles
- 23 glacé cherries for decoration
- Line a tray/plate with mini cupcake liners (or use large ones if desired)
- Over a very low heat melt the coconut oil.
- Add the maple syrup and stir.
- In a large bowl combine the fruit, coconut, coconut milk powder and rice bubbles and stir to mix.
- Pour in the warmed mixture and stir until combined.
- Spoon mixture evenly into liners and place a cherry on the top.
- Alternatively, spread into a lined tray and cut into slices once set.
- Refrigerate until set (minimum 2 hours).
- Keep in the fridge when not serving.