Guilt-less Desserts & Treats for your Family
I know I’m supposed to be writing about party food and healthier options but I’m too busy yelling at the TV. To be exact… the bloody Bachelor. Why won’t he listen to me? We’re not even up to the rose ceremony yet and I’m sure the Neighbours are curious as to why there are loud screams. He says he wants a girl who tells him what she is feeling, then gets scared off when she does (having said that she does come across a bit stalkerish!). He says he wants some he can have fun with, but what about the hard stuff? Life isn’t always yachts and private jets (well, not my life anyway!)
I think I’ve become way too emotionally invested in this realty TV drama. I might need to take a Valium before next weeks last episode!
These Lolly Gobble Bliss Bombs are a healthier take on the popular Cinema treat. Please do no mock my choice in DVD’s. They (and I) are awesome!
Lolly Gobble Bliss Bombs
- 1/3 cup uncooked Popcorn unflavoured, unsalted
- 1/2 to 1 serve Caramel - should be runny and warmed
- 1 cup Peanuts
- 1 can Coconut Cream no need to drain liquid or place in fridge-light cream can also be used
- 1/2 Cup Maple Syrup honey can also be used
- dash of salt
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 150°C
- Cook popcorn according to instructions (I do mine in a saucepan).
- Place popcorn and nuts in saucepan and add caramel, 1 spoonful at a time.
- Stir to coat, and continue to add caramel until the popcorn and nuts are all coated.
- Add salt to taste.
- Spread the mixture evenly over an oven tray.
- Put in oven for 5 minutes, remove and toss, then return to the oven for a further 5 minutes.
- This process dries the caramel for easier handling.
- Place coconut cream, maple syrup and salt in a saucepan over medium/high heat.
- Bring mixture to boil, then reduce to medium heat.
- Allow the mixture to simmer until quite thick and dark golden in colour. Stir regularly to prevent burning.
- This will take 20-30 minutes (depending on your cook top)
- Add vanilla and continue to cook on medium heat for another 2 minutes.
- The caramel will be dark golden in colour and delicious.
- When cooler, place into container and keep in fridge. The caramel will thicken as it refridgerates.