Guilt-less Desserts & Treats for your Family
Apple Sauce is a healthy replacement for oil in baking recipes.
It’s not suited to all recipes, so if you are doing your own substitutions think about how adding apple will change the flavour of the baked treat. It can also change the moisture content of a recipe so it takes a lot of trial and error to get the ratios right in a recipe (trust me; I’ve mad a lot of mistakes!)
This Unsweetened AppleSauce recipe is so simple. Peel, cut, boil and mash!
PS the left overs taste great with roast pork.
- 4 Apples (medium size), peeled and cut into small pieces
- 3/4 cup Water
- Place the apples and the water in a small/medium sized saucepan.
- Cover the saucepan with a lid and bring to the boil over a medium/high heat.
- Reduce the heat to medium and simmer for 8 minutes, or until the apple is soft.
- Mash or puree apple (retain the water in the sauce).
- Store in the fridge.