Guilt-less Desserts & Treats for your Family
Can you trust someone who doesn’t like chocolate? Surely they must be delusional!
Chocolate can cheer you up (scientists tell us it’s true), rescue any dessert from the tasteless depths of despair and some people even put it on bacon.
This simple Chocolate is a much healthier alternative and it is Dairy Free and Processed Sugar Free. Make it sweeter by adding more maple syrup or add Vanilla extract to soften the bitterness.
Chocolate (Dairy and Processed Sugar Free)
Makes 100 grams
- 1/4 cup Coconut Oil
- 1 tablespoon Maple Syrup
- 1/4 cup Cocoa
- Optional; 1/2-1 teaspoon of Vanilla Extract for a sweeter, less bitter, chocolate
- Over a very low heat, melt the Coconut oil in a saucepan.
- Add the maple syrup and stir
- Add the cocoa and whisk to combine.
- Allow to thicken slightly, but DO NOT boil or over heat (as this causes the coconut oil to separate).
- Place in lined dish and freeze until set (approximately 30 minutes)
- Store in the freezer.
Adapted from Chocolate Covered Katie