Guilt-less Desserts & Treats for your Family
It’s almost Easter, although it feels like it’s been almost Easter since Boxing Day when the shops started pedalling Easter Eggs and baking Buns. Now it is officially Easter season which means it’s ok to eat lots of hot cross buns and chocolate eggs (without the normal judgement!).
Easter can be a difficult and taunting time of year if you suffer from food allergies, especially dairy and gluten. The tempting smell that wafts from the bakery is an aromatic reminder that your Easter will be Hot Cross Bun-less… until now! This year I want your Easter to be filled with hot cross-ness and chocolatey goodness. I want to help to make your Easter tasty, healthy and full of your favourite treats. That’s why I have written ‘Mummy Made.It A Healthy Easter’, with over 30 Easter themed recipes for you to enjoy.
‘Mummy Made.It A Healthy Easter’ comes after the success of ‘Mummy Made.It A Healthy Christmas’. It is filled with Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Refined Sugar Free and Paleo Friendly Desserts, Treats and Baked goodies to celebrate Easter in a healthier way for just $5.
My reason for making this eBook so cheap is simple; I want you to enjoy your Easter with hot cross buns and chocolate. I started Mummy Made.It as I wanted to make sure that people didn’t feel left out when it came to desserts and treats, and this is especially so during festive celebrations. The recipes in ‘Mummy Made.It A Healthy Easter’ are allergy friendly and healthier versions of the Easter foods you’ve always known and many treats that are fitting for the Easter Bunny.
Today I am bringing to you one of the cupcake recipes from ‘Mummy Made.It A Healthy Easter’; Paleo Carrot Cupcakes. This is a simple cupcake recipe made from steamed pureed carrots (instead of grated carrots), coconut flour, eggs and maple syrup and tastes great when topped with Whipped Coconut Cream or Lemon cream. As these Paleo Carrot Cupcakes are also Nut Free they are a good school treat as well.
Make sure you purchase your very own copy of ‘Mummy Made.It A Healthy Easter’ today.
- 2 Eggs
- 1/3 Cup Maple Syrup
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup mashed/puréed Carrot(to cook carrot; cut 2 large carrots into thirds and steam for 20 minutes, or until softened. Mix in a blender, food processor until Puréed)
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Flour
- 3 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 2/3 Cup Milk (of choice)
- Pre heat the oven to 175C/350F.
- Place the egg whites into a bowl of a kitchen stand mixed with a whisk attachment.
- Whisk the egg whites on medium/high until soft peaks form.
- Slowly add the maple syrup and vanilla extract.
- Add the egg yolks and whisk on medium until combined.
- Add the carrot and milk.
- In a separate bowl sift the coconut flour and baking powder.
- With the mixer on medium/low add the flour mixture. Whisk until everything is just combined do not over mix).
- Place 8 cupcake liners in a tray and lightly grease.
- Evenly pour the mixture into the liners and smooth the top of the cupcakes.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Remove from the oven.
- After 5 minutes remove from cakes from the tray and allow to cool.
- Frost with Coconut Whipped Cream or Lemon Whipped Cream when completely cool.