Guilt-less Desserts & Treats for your Family
My love of cookie dough is well documented. Raw cookie dough, as well as hot chips, is my weakness. If a recipe says it will make 15 then it’s a safe bet that an even dozen will be baked… or maybe less depending on my emotional state that day! I especially love a recipe that makes cookie dough (rather than me stealing from the cookies) like this fabulous Cookie Dough Mousse Bombe or these Fried Cookie Dough Balls.
Today I am bringing you a recipe from Vanessa at Becomingness. Vanessa, like me, has a healthy addiction to desserts, so much so that she has written a whole cook book dedicated to them. Vanessa is sharing her Raw Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bars from her new ebook ‘ Becoming Sweet’ today.
“I have been experimenting with heaps of different dessert ideas lately for my upcoming desserts eCookbook ‘BecomingSweet’.
Something that I came up with yesterday are these Raw Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bars. I had heard about raw cookie dough being a popular dessert and thought “why not make some that are gluten, nut, egg and dairy free?” I am pretty chuffed with how these turned out. They are really popular in my household. I had to stop Jason from eating too many of them, before I was able to photograph them. My toddlers also loved them!
They are really easy to prepare, just mix the ingredients, spoon them into a lined square baking pan and place in the freezer to firm up. You also store them in an airtight container if they don’t all get gobbled up after they are ready.”
What I love about these Raw Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bars is because they are kept in the freezer you can have a ready supply at your fingers tips all the time. Instant craving filling!
Note: This post does contain affiliate links.
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Oil
- 3/4 Cup Coconut Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Milk (or milk of choice)
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Flour
- 1/2 Cup Dairy Free Chocolate Chips (to make your own follow the link in the notes)
- Add Coconut oil, coconut sugar, coconut milk and vanilla to a large mixing bowl, mixing thoroughly until well combined. Stir in the coconut flour and then the chocolate chips.
- Add the dough to a lined square baking tin, pressing it down firmly with the back of a spoon or a spatula. Place the baking pan in the freezer for at least 2 hours, preferably overnight to firm up.
- When ready to serve, take out of the freezer and rest for 5-10 minutes before serving. To store, place them in a airtight container and store in the freezer.
- To make your own Dairy Free Chocolate Chips follow this link: http://mummymade.it/2013/07/chocolate-chips-dairy-refined-sugar-free.html