Paleo Gingerbread Cupcakes
It’s been Christmas in my house since May. For the last 6 months we’ve been eating Gingerbread, Christmas Cookies and Puddings as I’ve experimented, tested and photographed over 50 festive desserts and treats for ‘Mummy a Made.It A Healthy Christmas’. I think I may have overdosed on Christmas cheer!!
Today I wanted to share with you a special recipe from ‘Mummy Made.It A Healthy Christmas’. It’s the cover recipe from the eBook: Paleo Gingerbread Cupcakes. I’m a big fan of cupcakes and I had to find a way to make them Christmassy. Cupcakes are simple to make and you can make a small amount to avoid eating cake for the next week (I’m sorry… did I really say that?!). These Paleo Gingerbread Cupcakes were inspired by ‘normal Gingerbread cupcakes’ that I used to consume by the bakers dozen; these though are tastier, healthier and frosted with the most scrumptious dairy free Gingerbread Cream.
There are 4 cupcake recipes in ‘Mummy Made.It A Healthy Christmas‘ but these Paleo Gingerbread Cupcakes are my favourite. To me it’s not Christmas without Gingerbread (this morning I even made my ‘Nana Icecream gingerbread flavoured!), and it’s not a real party without Cupcakes. Now we can all have our own guilt-less treats!
Make sure you get your own copy of ‘Mummy Made.It A Healthy Christmas’ before you fall into any festive food traps! With over 50 healthier festive treats you can have a tasty Christmas without the nasties.
Paleo Gingerbread Cupcakes
Nothing says Christmas like Gingerbread, and what better way to eat your share than as a cupcake!
- 4 Eggs, separated
- 1/4 Cup Maple Syrup
- 1/4 Cup Golden Syrup (or Molasses)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Flour
- 1/2 Tablespoon Cocoa
- 2 1/4 teaspoons ground Ginger
- 1 1/4 teaspoons Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon All Spice
- 1/2 teaspoon Nutmeg
- Dash Salt
- 3 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/2 Cup Milk (of choice)
- 1 teaspoon Bicarb Soda
- 1 can Coconut Cream/Milk (400ml), can opened and left in the fridge overnight
- 1 teaspoon Maple Syrup
- 1 teaspoon Golden Syrup
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon ground Ginger
- Dash Cloves
- Dash Cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 175C/350F.
- Line a cupcake/muffin tray with 8 festive liners and lightly spray.
- Place the egg whites in the clean bowl of a kitchen stand mixer and whisk on medium/high until soft peaks form.
- Add the maple syrup and then golden syrup, 1 tablespoon at a time, until all incorporated and the egg white has increased in volume.
- Whilst still whisking on med/high add the vanilla extract and egg yolks.
- In a separate bowl, sift the dry ingredients (excluding the bicarb soda) together.
- With the whisk on low add the dry ingredients to the wet and whisk only until combined.
- In a small saucepan, warm the milk until almost boiling. Immediately add the bicarb soda. Stir.
- Pour the hot milk into the mixing bowl (the whisk should be on low to prevent hot milk from splashing over you).
- Evenly pour the mixture amongst the cupcake liners.
- Bake for 17-20 minutes or until cooked through (17 for minis, up to 20 for regular)
- Leave it cool in the tray for 15 minutes before removing.
- Top with Gingerbread Whipped Cream.
- Spoon the thickened cream out of the can, discarding the watery remains.
- Place all the ingredients in the bowl of a kitchen stand mixer with a whisk attachment fitted.
- Whisk until the cream thickens (about 5 minutes).
- Place the cream in the fridge to thicken before piping onto the cupcakes.
Mummy Made.It - Gluten Free, Paleo Desserts http://mummymade.it/