Guilt-less Desserts & Treats for your Family
Christmas is my favourite time of year and what better way to celebrate the festive season than by sharing my favourite recipes with you! All your Christmas desserts and treats are covered in ‘Mummy Made.It A Healthy Christmas’ eBook. You’ll find a Christmas pudding with hidden vegetables, nut free Cupcakes, a fruit sweetened traditional Christmas cake, lots of Gingerbread treats and more dairy free creams and custards than you could ever imagine. Make sure you get your copy now so you can start cooking up a healthy Christmas storm today!
Today I wanted to share with you one of my favourite treat recipes from my Christmas Cook Book; Rocky Road Marshmallow. Making your own marshmallow is simpler than you think and they taste so much better. The bonus with these Rocky Road Marshmallows is that you can use leftover cookies, nuts and fruits to add colour and flavour. The combinations are up to you!
Because I am so excited about sharing all of my favourite Christmas Recipes I want to give one lucky reader a chance to win their own copy of ‘Mummy Made.It A Healthy Christmas’ ebook. For your chance to win, head to the competition entry box after the recipe.
- 1 Egg White
- 3/4 Cup Maple Syrup/Honey
- 200ml water
- 2 Tablespoons Gelatine
- 2 Tablespoons Cocoa, unsweetened
- 3 Tablespoons each Arrowroot and Cocoa
- 1- 1 1/2 Cups Biscuit pieces
- 3/4-1 Cup Desiccated Coconut
- 3/4-1 Cup dried cranberries/raspberries etc
- 1/2- 3/4 Cup Nuts (macadamias, pecans etc)
- 1/2 Cup Chocolate Chip Pieces
- Place the egg white in a clean bowl of a kitchen stand mixer with a whisk attached.
- Pour 100ml of water into a small bowl/cup and sprinkle gelatine over. Allow to sit and thicken for a minimum of 5 minutes.
- Pour the Maple Syrup and 100ml of water into a saucepan and bring to a slow boil.
- Once boiling, add the gelatine mixture and whisk to combine.
- Bring to the boil again and boil for 30 seconds.
- Turn the whisk onto medium and pour the hot mixture down the side of the mixing bowl.
- Once added turn to high and whisk for 5 minutes.
- Turn off and sift Cocoa over Marshmallow mixture.
- Return the whisk to high and whisk for 6-8 minutes, or until the Marshmallow fluffs up and becomes thick.
- Add the selected options and fold into Chocolate marshmallow mixture.
- Pour mixture into a lined tray/casserole dish (the size/depth of the tin will determine the size of your Marshmallows) and leave at room temperature for a minimum of 4 hours.
- Cut the Marshmallow into pieces or cut into shapes using cookie cutters.
- Combine additional cocoa and arrowroot, and roll each piece of Marshmallow in it (this prevents it from being too sticky).
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.