4 year old H had a party at Kindergarten last week and we were down to bring cupcakes. For some people this may mean a quick trip to the Woolworths Bakery. But not in our house. In our house cupcakes need to be Gluten Free, Dairy Free and Refined Sugar Free. At kinder they also need to be peanut and nut free. At kinder they also need to be kid friendly aka pretty!
H and I embarked on a cupcake adventure and created these Paleo Chocolate Cupcakes. Cupcakes without gluten, sugar, nuts and guilt…but with all the flair of the party!
These Paleo Chocolate Cupcakes have been frosted with Chocolate Frosting, but Whipped Coconut Cream or Chocolate Ganache could also be used.
Paleo Chocolate Cupcakes
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1/4 Cup Maple Syrup
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons Coconut Flour
- 2 Tablespoons Cocoa
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1/4 Cup Milk (of choice)
- Pre heat the oven to 175C/350F.
- Place the egg whites into a bowl of a kitchen stand mixed with a whisk attachment.
- Whisk the egg whites on medium until soft peaks form.
- Slowly add the maple syrup and vanilla extract.
- Add the egg yolks and whisk on medium until combined.
- Add the milk.
- In a separate bowl sift the coconut flour, Cocoa and baking powder.
- With the mixer on medium/low add the flour mixture. Whisk until everything is just combined (not over mixed).
- Place 5-6 normal cupcake or 10-12 small cupcake liners in a tray and spray.
- Evenly pour the mixture into the liners and smooth the top of the cupcakes.
- The liners should be almost full.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes (minis) and 17 minutes (normal) or until cooked through.
- Remove from the oven
- After 5 minutes remove from cakes from the tray and allow to cool.
- Frost/ice when completely cool.
Mummy Made.It - Gluten Free, Paleo Desserts http://mummymade.it/