Guilt-less Desserts & Treats for your Family
2 year old S has developed a naughty habit of ripping pages out of books. Wiggles books, Mr. Men and Little Miss Books, even the lift up flaps of a Spot book. His literary vandalism knows no bounds! Each time he got a stern talking to and was sent to his room.
Last week I was going through old cooking magazines (I have quite a few) and was ripping out pages with recipes I wanted to keep. S was watching me and was horrified!
“Naughty Mummy!” he yelled at me.
“No rip books! Naughty Mummy; go to room now!”. He then took my hand, gave it a pat and made me go my room. So cute; it was hard to keep a straight face! After all the ripped Pooh books he had finally learned his lesson… or so I thought until I found the remains of a Dr Seuss book.
My parenting trophy moment (the one when I thought I had actually gotten through to my child) had been overshadowed by 2yo S’s love of vandalism. Just a typical day as a Mum!
Each night I try to serve up healthy, interesting and tasty meals to my family. This Chocolate lasagna is not what I would normally dish up for dinner, but it does contain vegetables and fruit so it would probably be ok! Chocolate lasagna would not normally be considered Vegan nor Paleo but it can be done… and it’s so tasty no one would ever know they were eating healthier!
Chocolate Lasagna2014-06-20 22:07:10Serves 12Dessert Lasagna that can be made Vegan!Prep Time1 hrCook Time30 minTotal Time5 hrPrep Time1 hrCook Time30 minTotal Time5 hrChocolate Lasagna
- Brownie (Vegan and Paleo options) (see recipe below)
- Whipped Coconut Cream (see recipe below)
- Chocolate Mousse (see recipe below)
- Chocolate (see recipe below)Brownie
- 230 grams roasted Sweet Potato-measured after roasting (to roast sweet potato, place a whole sweet potato in a moderate oven for 60 minutes or until soft in the middle)
- 1 Tablespoon Coconut Flour
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Oil, melted
- 3/4 Cup Cocoa
- 1/4 Cup + 2 Tablespoons Maple Syrup
- 3/4 Cup mashed Banana (VEGAN) or 3 Eggs (PALEO)
- 3 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- Dash of SaltWhipped Coconut Cream
- 2 cans Coconut Cream (400ml can), lid removed and placed in the fridge over night (see Note)
- 4 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 4 teaspoons Maple SyrupChocolate Mousse
- 3 small (or 1 1/2 large) Avocado
- 1/3-1/2 Cup Cocoa, unsweetened
- 1/3-1/2 Cup Maple Syrup
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla
- 2 Tablespoons Whipped Coconut Cream.Chocolate
- This makes 100 grams of Chocolate.
- Store left over chocolate in the freezer for future use
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Oil
- 1/4 Cup Cocoa
- 1 Tablespoon Maple SyrupChocolate Lasagna
- Take the cooled brownie and spread with 1/2 the whipped coconut cream.
- Spread the chocolate mousse over the whipped cream.
- Spread the remaining whipped cream over the mousse and decorate with grated chocolate.
- Place the Chocolate Lasagne in the fridge until ready to serve.Brownie
- Preheat the oven to 175C/350F.
- Grease a casserole/baking tray (mine was 30cm x 20cm but any Lasagne style dish would work)
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and mix until combined and smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the greased tray and bake for 30 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Allow to cool completely.Whipped Coconut Cream
- Spoon the thickened cream out of the can, discarding the watery remains.
- Place the coconut cream, maple syrup and vanilla extract in a mixing bowl and whisk on high until thickened. The key is to forget about the cream and leave it to whip for at least 5 minute. Place the whipped cream back in the fridge to thicken before using.Chocolate Mousse
- Place the avocado, cocoa, maple syrup and vanilla in a blender.
- Purée until smooth with no lumps or bumps remaining.
- Taste the mousse at this stage. If there is still a strong taste of avocado add an extra Tablespoon of cocoa and maple syrup.
- Transfer the Mousse mixture or the bowl of a kitchen stand mixer with a whisk attachment.
- Add the coconut cream and whisk the Mousse until creamy.Chocolate
- Over a very low heat melt the coconut oil.
- Add the maple syrup and stir.
- Add the cocoa and stir until combined, ensuring no lumps.
- Allow to cool slightly before using, or keep in freezer for future use.Full Fat Coconut Milk can also be used. Only use the thickened milk from the top after the can has been in the fridge for 24 hours
Mummy Made.It - Gluten Free, Paleo Desserts http://mummymade.it/