Nut Candies are a no no when eating healthy….or are they?!
This Almond Brittle (which could easily be Pecans, Walnuts or even Pumpkin Seed Brittle) is a sweet treat.
Unlike many commercial versions, the number 1 ingredient is Nuts! Feel free to play around with variety and flavour. Even splash some spices in for fun.
This Almond Brittle can be used to decorate cupcakes or can even be broken up into little pieces and used in a cookie recipe.
- 1 Tablespoon Maple Syrup
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- 1/4 Cup Almonds, halved
- Optional, dash of Salt
- 1.Prepare a split-mat (a silicon baking mat) or line a baking tray with baking paper and grease.
- 2.Place the maple syrup and honey in a small saucepan and bring to a rolling boil over medium heat.
- 3.Simmer the mixture over a medium heat until it turns a golden colour.
- 4.The mixture will need to be stirred continuously to prevent it sticking to the bottom of the saucepan and burning.
- 5.Take the saucepan off the heat and immediately stir in the almonds, ensuring the nuts are coated in the mixture.
- 6.IMMEDIATELY spread the coated nuts over the prepared mat/tray and allow to cool completely.
- 7.Sprinkle with salt if you wish.
- 8.To fasten the process the brittle can be placed in the fridge.
Mummy Made.It - Gluten Free, Paleo Desserts http://mummymade.it/