Guilt-less Desserts & Treats for your Family
There are lots of things that I make that never make it in front of the camera.
There are many things that I make that never make it into the oven or fridge.
There are some things that never make it out of the mixing bowl.
This Strawberry Whipped Cream struggles to make it into the fridge, let alone the continuer. It’s straight from bowl to me. I prefer to use the spatula method of consumption (because you can get an awful lot in your mouth all at once that way!), but if you have company a spoon is probably more socially acceptable.
Always make a double recipe. That way you can eat your share and still have some left for a trifle….or a midnight snack!
- 200 grams Srawberries (frozen or fresh)
- 1 Tablespoon Maple Syrup
- 1 Tablespoon Water
- 1 Can Coconut Cream (400ml can),lid removed and placed in the fridge over night
- 2 teaspoons Maple Syrup
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- Place the strawberries, maple syrup and water in a small saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 10 min; or until thickened (it will have the consistency of jam).
- Allow the strawberry mixture to cool.
- Into the bowl of a kitchen stand mixer, scoop the thicken cream from the can discarding the watery remains.
- Add the maple syrup and vanilla and whisk on high until thick (allow 5-8 minutes).
- Add the strawberry mixture and whisk on medium/high until combined. Place the Strawberry Cream in the fridge to thicken before using.