Guilt-less Desserts & Treats for your Family
Wobbly, sometimes lumpy and always jiggling….No it’s not my bottom (thanks to the mega Arnie squats!) its Jelly!
My boys love Jelly; unfortunately most of the store bought packets are full of sugar or artificial sweeteners, full of artificial flavours and colourings and no health benefits. This Strawberry Jelly (Sugar Free) is one I am more than happy to let my boys eat, and they do so in large quantities. Unlike store bought Jellies, this recipe uses real fruit for the flavour, sweetness and colouring. Thank you Mother Nature!
Strawberries can be substituted for other berries, e.g. raspberries, and the Jelly can be used in a trifle, eaten with Whipped Cream or Mousse or even set in a shaped mould. As I have 2 boys our Jelly is usually Dinosaur shaped!
- 250 grams frozen Strawberries, thawed (fresh can also be used)- any berry can be sunstituted
- 240 ml Boiling Water
- 1 Tablespoon Gelatin
- Place the thawed (or fresh) strawberries in a blender and puree.
- Sprinkle the gelatine over the boiling water and whisk until dissolved.
- Stir the purée into the gelatine water and whisk til combined.
- Pour jelly into a bowl or mould.
- Place the bowl in the fridge and allow to set for at least 4 hours.