Chocolate Cream (Whipped Choc-Coconut Cream)
Yes, there is something better than Whipped Coconut Cream and its this; Chocolate Cream (aka Whipped Choc-Coconut Cream)!!
Chocolate Cream has become my new BFFF (sorry Whipped Coconut Cream but you’ve been given the flick!). Its mousse like texture and smooth chocolateness make it amazing. My favourite way of eating my new BFFF is simply by the spoonful from the mixing bowl! No need for fancy pie crusts or pretty cakes here, just give me my Chocolate Cream!!
I have also included instructions on how to make a stabilized cream, i.e. one that will be able to hold its shape in a mousse cake, like in the Death by Chocolate- 4 Layer Mousse Cake.
- 1 can Coconut Cream (400ml Can), can opened and left in the fridge overnight
- 2 Tablespoons Cocoa
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Maple Syrup
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- Remove the can of coconut cream from the fridge and spoon out the thickened cream from the top of the can into a kitchen stand mixer bowl fitted with a whisk attachment (or use a hand blender). This should measure approximately 1 1/2 cups of unwhipped cream.
- Discard the watery remains from the can.
- Add the maple syrup and vanilla extract and whip until thick (allow between 5-10 minutes).
- Shift the cocoa over the cream and whip until incorporated.
- Store the cream in the fridge.
- The cream will thicken in the fridge.
- Remove the can of coconut cream from the fridge and spoon out the thickened cream from the top of the can into a kitchen stand mixer bowl fitted with a whisk attachment (or use a hand blender).
- If you measure 2 cups of cream prior to whipping increase the gelatine to 2 1/4 teaspoons, or if 1 cup use 1 1/4 teaspoons.
- Retain the watery remains from the can. Measure 2 Tablespoons of the watery remains and put into a small bowl. Sprinkle the gelatine over the water and allow to stand and thicken.
- Add the maple syrup and vanilla extract to the cream and whip until thick (allow between 5-10 minutes).
- Shift the cocoa over the cream and whisk on high until incorporated.
- Add the gelatine mixture and whip until incorporated.
- Spread the stabilized cream over the prepared dish (pie etc.) and allow to sit in the fridge for a minimum of 4 hours before serving.
Mummy Made.It - Gluten Free, Paleo Desserts http://mummymade.it/