Guilt-less Desserts & Treats for your Family
I LOVE LOVE Love Sweet Potato.
I don’t know what it is but I can’t stop eating it.
I’ve been using it every where; cupcakes, frosting, layer cakes…even custard.
Yep..I have an addiction!
Making sweet potato purée could not be easier.
Just pop a whole sweet potato in the oven, forgot about it for an hour or so then scoop it out once it’s cooled. I will often put one in the bottom of the oven when baking a cake or cooking dinner so it’s always in the fridge for when I want (no need!) some sweet potato custard.
Sweet Potato puree (just like Pumpkin purée) is my secret ingredient in so many dishes; Bolognese sauce, quiche, meatloaf, even casseroles. It’s a super adaptable veggie for both sweet and savoury dishes.
- 1 Sweet Potato, skin on
- Preheat the oven to 180C/360F
- Place a whole, unpeeled sweet potato in the oven and bake for 60-70 minutes, or until smooshy in the middle (you tell this by inserting a knife into the middle and feeling for hardness).
- Remove the sweet potato from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- Once cooled, cut in half length ways and scoop out the middle.
- The sweet potato will be soft and can be used as is, or it can be blended/mashed for a smoother consistency.
- Store in the fridge.