Gluten Free • Paleo • Sugar Free • Dairy Free
Just because you want to have a healthier lifestyle doesn’t mean you can’t still have awesome parties and treats. It just takes a bit of effort!
These Jellies are a great way to introducing healthier treat choices to other people. Most won’t believe they contain so little!
I have used orange juice for my little fishes, but lemon/lime, pineapple, mango and apple juice could all be used. I have also used purred berries.
The beauty of these little jelly snacks (besides how incredibly healthy they are!) is that they can be any shape you want them to be. Just use a mould (jelly, chocolate, playdough!) and set them! Alternatively, set the Jelly in a glat try and cut out shapes using cookie cutters.
The shape of the jellies will depend on the moulds used
Write a review
- 1 cup strained Juice (orange, pineapple, raspberry etc)
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 3 tablespoons Gelatine
- Juice and strain 1 cup of fresh juice (I used oranges)
- Bring juice to the boil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Once boiling, add the lemon juice and take off the heat.
- Allow to cool for 3 minutes.
- Add gelatine to the juice, 1 tablespoon at a time whisking well after each addition.
- Add gelatine slowly and ensure it is whisked in to remove any lumps.
- Immediately, pour the mixture into the moulds (I used plastic Chocolate moulds but silicon would work also), being careful not to overfill.
- Leave to cool on bench and set slightly before setting in fridge.
- Once set, remove jellies from the moulds.
- Unlike the store bought versions, these jellies will only keep for 2-3 days. That is because they have no sugar or artificial flavours or additives!
Mummy Made.It - Gluten Free, Paleo Desserts http://mummymade.it/