Honey Crackles (aka Honey Joys)
Ahhhhh, memories. Simple things can take you back to yesteryear (don’t worry, I haven’t aged 60 years since my last post!).
Turing on the radio and hearing Rick Astley takes me back to grade 6 camp; when denim shorts with floral patchwork print were fashionable (well… I thought they were, anyway).
Watching an episode of Home and Away reminds me that I was never allowed to watch Neighbours growing up… which seems pointless as they are essentially the same thing.
Walking past a deli reminds me of strass and tomato sandwiches (a memory too gross to delve into right now but lets just say processed meat is not in my top 100 favourite foods).
Honey Crackles (aka Honey Joys). Honey Crackles remind me of childhood parties. Of cousins and friends, of backyard shenanigans and the time we tried to play backyard Olympics with cricket wickets as hockey sticks (concussion anyone?!). Honey Crackles; with their golden colour and crunchy exterior. I remember almost eating the wrapper to consume every last bit of the toffee like honey that had melted on the wrapper. Kind of gross but oh so tasty!
Honey Crackles (akaHoney Joys)
- 1/4 Cup minus 1 Tablespoon Maple Syrup
- 2 Tablespoons Honey
- 2 Tablespoons Coconut Oil
- 3 Cups Cornflakes
- Preheat oven to 150C/300F
- Melt Coconut Oil in a saucepan over very low heat,
- Add Honey and Maple Syrup. Stir until combined.
- Add Cornflakes and stir until well combined and all the cornflakes are coated in the homey mixture.
- Spoon into greased cupcake liners placed in a muffin tray (or any cupcake tray).
- Cook in oven for 10-12 minutes, or until just browning on top.
- Leave crackles in the tray until cooled and set.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Mummy Made.It - Gluten Free, Paleo Desserts http://mummymade.it/