Guilt-less Desserts & Treats for your Family
A pair of jeans are like a barometer. They let you know if you’ve been eating too much cake. They gauge your achievements in the gym. Your frown can be turned upside down when someone comments on how great your butt looks. They can be instantly transformed from drab to fab with a pair of heels and mascara.
Versatile Cake2014-03-18 01:29:24Serves 16A simple recipe that can adapted to suit any occasionPrep Time15 minCook Time35 minTotal Time50 minPrep Time15 minCook Time35 minTotal Time50 minIngredients
- 6 Eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup Maple Syrup
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Milk (of choice)
- 3/4 cup Coconut Flour
- 3 teaspoons Baking Powder
- Also add (depending on flavor)
- Vanilla; 1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- Orange; zest of 1 Orange plus 2 tablespoons of Orange Juice (reduce Maple Syrup by 1 tablespoon)
- Lemon; zest of 1 Lemon plus 2 tablespoons of Lemon Juice (reduce Maple Syrup by 1 tablespoon)Instructions
- Preheat oven to 175C/350F
- Place the egg whites in a clean mixing bowl and whisk on medium/high until soft peaks form.
- Slowly add the maple syrup; 1 spoonful at a time (adjust accordingly if making lemon or orange)
- Mixture will triple in size and form peaks.
- Add the vanilla extract (if making vanilla cake add extra vanilla now also) and whisk on medium/high until combined.
- Add egg yolks, 1 at a time, whilst still whisking. Add the next yolk only once the previous one has been combined.
- Add the milk whilst still whisking.
- If making lemon/orange flavour add the juice/rind now.
- In a separate bowl, sift the coconut flour and baking powder together.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and whisk on low until combined (you may need to scrape down the edges to ensure the coconut flour is fully combined).
- Turn the whisk to medium/high again and whisk for 30-60 seconds to make a fluffy mixture.
- Pour into a greased and lined 20cm/8 inch cake tin.
- Bake for 33-35 min, or until skewer comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool before removing from the tin.Mummy Made.It - Gluten Free, Paleo Desserts http://mummymade.it/