Guilt-less Desserts & Treats for your Family
Yes it can be done.
Only problem; getting the Sweetned Comdensed Milk from the saucepan into a jar without consuming it all.
Seriously… you will find out soon enough.
The ingredients for Sweetened condensed milk are almost indentical to caramel and whipped coconut cream (minus the vanilla essence); however the flavours, textures and colors are vastly differently. It is all in the cooking method.
Sweetened Condensed Milk Dairy Free involves bringing the coconut cream to the boil first, reducing the temperature then adding the maple syrup.
Caramel starts with both ingredients and brings them to the boil together.
Sweetend condensed milk is ‘cooked’ at low/medium temperatures, whilst Caramel is at medium.
The finished product tells the story.
Sweetend condensed milk does not reduce as much and retains a lighter beige colour.
Caramel becomes quite thick and golden brown.
Make sure the sweetened condensed milk has reduced by half. If you’re not sure mark
/measure the original height or weigh at the start/end.
When simmering on low/medium make sure that there are a few bubbles present.
Stir occasionally to make sure it doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan.
Sweetened Condensed Milk Dairy Free2014-03-26 21:03:33Yields 2Cook Time30 minTotal Time30 minCook Time30 minTotal Time30 minIngredients
- 1 can Coconut Cream (440ml can)
- 1/4 cup Maple SyrupInstructions
- Bring the Coconut Cream to the boil in a heavy based saucepan
- Lower to a simmer and add the maple syrup, stiring to combine.
- Simmer for approximately 30 minutes, or until the liquid has reduced by half.
- Store in the fridgeMummy Made.It - Gluten Free, Paleo Desserts http://mummymade.it/