Guilt-less Desserts & Treats for your Family
There are so many things you think you’ll never have again when you give up sugar; but thankfully there are options available to curb most cravings. This Sugar Free Berry Jam is sweet, tasty and full of fruity goodness. It also tastes pretty awesome with whipped cream.
Note; this makes a big serving of jam. If you are making a small amount as a cake filling halve the recipe.
- 3 cups of Strawberries or Raspberries; diced (frozen is fine)
- 3 tablespoons Maple Syrup or Honey (optional depending on the sweetness of the berries)
- 3 tablespoons Water
- 3 teaspoons Gelatine
- Place the berries and maple syrup in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Bring to boil, stirring constantly.
- In a small bowl, add the gelatine to the water and allow to sit for 3 minutes.
- Once boiling, reduce heat to medium and add the gelatine mixture.
- Whisk to combine and allow to simmer for 8 minutes, or until the fruit has broken down.
- To make a smoother jam, use a masher or a food processer.
- Store in fridge