This Healthy Nutella is AMAZING!
The first time I made it I ate it straight from the jar… it didn’t even make it to the fridge!
I grew up on Vegemite
(an Aussie breakfast staple that no one else likes) so this was my first adventure into Nutella. My testers tell me that it’s different to ‘real’ nutella, but still really good. And at half the calories that means I can twice as much! And lets face it; Nutella tastes much better in a tart
or spread over a piece of fruit loaf than Vegemite would.
- 2 cups raw Hazelnuts (240g)
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup Cocoa
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 cup Milk (almond, coconut)
- Roast the hazelnuts for 8-10 minutes at 200C/ 400 F.
- Rub them together in a paper towel or a tea towel to get the skins off. (It’s ok if a few stubborn skins won’t come off.)
- Add the nuts to a food processor and blend until the nuts have turned to butter. (if this is not happening easily add the maple syrup to help soften the nuts)
- Add all other ingredients and blend until smooth (this may take a few minutes)
- Keep refrigerated.
Adapted from Chocolate Covered Katie
Mummy Made.It - Gluten Free, Paleo Desserts http://mummymade.it/