Guilt-less Desserts & Treats for your Family
Sometimes it’s the simple things in life that bring you the most pleasure. Your children laughing. A hot shower on a cold day. Fitting into your skinny jeans. Public holidays. And now this… Caramel Whipped Cream.
Caramel Whipped Cream is so simple, yet tastes so naughty.
I made a small amount (using 1/2 cup of coconut cream) and found that 3 tablespoons of caramel was enough to create a delicate yet strong flavour. Add the caramel in intervals to ensure that you get the taste you desire.
- 1 can of Coconut Cream, 440ml (organic or preservative less/free), opened and placed in the fridge overnight
- 1 can Coconut Cream (400 ml can)- Light Cream can be substituted
- 1/2 Cup Maple Syrup
- dash of salt
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- Place the cream in the mixing bowl of a kitchen stand with a whisk attachment.
- For every 1/2 cup of coconut cream add 2-3 tablespoons of Caramel.
- Add the caramel 1 tablespoon at a time and check for required taste.
- Whip until thickened and place in fridge until set.
- Place the coconut cream, maple syrup and salt in a saucepan over medium/high heat.
- Bring mixture to boil, then reduce to medium heat.
- Allow the mixture to bubble until quite thick and dark golden in colour. Stir regularly to prevent burning.
- This will take 15-25 minutes (this will depend on the quality of your coconut cream)
- Add vanilla and continue to cook on medium heat for another 5 minutes.
- The caramel will be dark golden in colour and delicious.
- When cooler, place into a container and keep in fridge. The caramel will thicken as it refridgerates.